How To Become An Oklahoma Manufactured Home Manufacturer

oklahoma manufactured home manufacturer

A manufactured home manufacturer is a person who manufactures, assembles, and sells new manufactured homes to new manufactured home retailers for retail in the state.

To be a mobile home manufacturer in Oklahoma, you need to get your mobile home manufacturer license. The Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicle and Parts Commission licenses mobile home manufacturers. 

Applications for licensure are presented to the Commission Board for consideration the second Tuesday of each month. The following requirements must be submitted  eleven (11) days prior to that meeting.

How to get an Oklahoma Mobile Home Manufacturer License

Step #1: Complete Application

The Oklahoma Manufactured Home Manufacturer’s License Application can be found on Oklahoma’s Official Website, or by clicking here.  Your application must be completed in full, notarized, and include the following:

  • Type of ownership
  • Business name
  • Entity name (if applicable)
  • Business address
  • Name and contact information for all owners
  • Signature

Step #2: Pay $750 Application Fee

Pay in the form of a check, money order, or cashier’s check. The application fee is non-refundable

Step #3: Purchase $30,000 Manufactured Home Manufacturer Bond

Purchase an Oklahoma Manufactured Home Manufacturer Bond from a licensed surety bond provider.  The bond protects your clients from damages and misuse of funds.

This is a requirement to get licensed.

When you have an OK Mobile Home Manufacturer Bond, you are guaranteeing the proper and ethical manufacturing of a mobile home, including proper weather sealing duties.

You will not need to pay $30,000  to get bonded. You’ll just pay a small portion of it. The best way to see what you’d pay for your Oklahoma Bond is to get a free quote below:

Get a free Oklahoma Bond quote

Step #4: Submit Sales Agreement and Warranties

The last requirement before you can submit your paperwork to the Commission Board for review is to submit sample copies of the manufactured home sales agreement and all warranties you will use for Commission approval.

Step #5: Submit to the Commission Board

For more information, contact the State of Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicle and Parts Commission at 405-521-3600 or online at

Common Questions for Oklahoma Mobile Home Manufacturers

Q: Where can I get an application to become licensed as a mobile home manufacturer?

Q: You can get an application by visiting Oklahoma’s Official Website, or by clicking here.

Q: Can I submit my application any time?

A: Yes, but applications are only presented to the Oklahoma Commission Board on the second Tuesday of each month. You can submit your application any time, but they will only be reviewed on the second Tuesday of the month.

Q: How do I get a Manufactured Home Manufacturer Bond?

A: You’ll need to contact a surety bond company who is licensed to issue bonds in Oklahoma. Once you contact them, you’ll fill out a surety bond application, compare prices, and then purchase your bond. Learn how to choose a reliable surety bond company.

Q: How much will my Oklahoma Manufactured Home Manufacturer Bond cost?

A: Surety bond rates are determined by many different factors, but one big factor is your personal credit history and financial strength. Mobile home manufacturer bond rates will be largely determined by your credit score. Those with good credit (over 650) can expect to get their bond at a 1-3% rate. Those with less-than-perfect credit will need to pay more.

Q: Can I get an Oklahoma Manufactured Home Manufacturer Bond if I have bad credit?

A: Yes, if you choose the right surety bond company. Surety Solutions, for example, offers bad credit options for individuals.

Q: Can I get an Oklahoma Manufactured Home Manufacturer License if I have a felony on my record?

A: Yes, but you must submit more paperwork with your application. Felony applicants must submit copies of the judgment and sentencing documents for all convictions as well as a current OSBI report including all three searches (violent offender, name based, and sex offender). Felony applicants are also required to make a personal appearance before the Board of Commissioners. To get an OSBI report you can contact OSBI at 405-848-6724

Q: Where can I go to get more information?

A: You can contact the State of Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicle and Parts Commission at 405-521-3600 or online at

Related links:

How To Get  A Surety Bond In Oklahoma

How To Get Your Florida Manufactured/Mobile Home Installer License

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Back To Top