Washington Motor Vehicle Wrecker License

washington motor vehicle wrecker license

If you are interested in starting a car wrecking business in the state of Washington, you will first need to obtain a license to do so. 

How to get a Washington Motor Vehicle Wrecker License

Step #1: Complete application

Step #2: Fill out a criminal history statement

Step #3: Complete a vehicle transport/disposal addendum

Step #4: List the vehicles you would be using for your business

Step #5: Fill out an environmental checklist 

Step #6:  Purchase surety bond in the amount of $1,000

Step #7: Pay $25 license fee


What is Motor Vehicle Wrecker Bond?

An Washington Motor Vehicle Wrecker Bond is a type of performance surety bond that ensures fish dealers follow all state rules and regulations. The surety bond protects the Department of Licensing against any financial losses as a result of poor business decisions made by you. In short, a Washington Motor Vehicle Wrecker Bond holds you accountable for your business decisions.


How Much Will my Bond Cost?

The bond amount is set at $1,000. Those with good credit can get bonded at a rate as low as 1%, which means they would only pay $100 for their bond. Those with not-so-great credit will have to pay more.



washington motor wrecker bond


How do I get a Motor Vehicle Wrecker Bond?

The application process for a $1,000 wrecker bond is easy. You can apply online through a surety bond company like Surety Solutions, complete the application, and get bonded in the very same day.


Not ready to complete your application? No problem. You can still get informed on how much your bond would cost you by using our free online quote generator, The Bond Cost Calculator. By using the Bond Cost Calculator, you can view free quotes at your leisure, anytime, anywhere, with no obligation to buy.


To start your free quotes, just click below.

Get free quotes!

Back To Top