Get Licensed: Hawaii Seller Of Travel

hawaii seller of travel license


A seller of travel is any person, firm, corporation, or business who offers for sale prearranged travel, tourist-related services, or tour-guide services for other people through vacation or tour packages. 

Hawaii’s seller of travel law requires all individuals who seek to sell travel services in Hawaii to get licensed with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.

If you want to sell charter tours, you will need to get a different license. Check out the tutorial here.   


How to get a Hawaii Seller of Travel License


Step #1: Complete License Application

View the Hawaii Travel Agency Registration Application


Step #2: Set up client trust account

Set up a client trust account via a checking or savings account with a federally insured financial institution located in Hawaii.

Submit evidence of setting up this account by ONE of the following:

  • An original letter from the financial institution with the following: name and address of financial institution, name on the account, Client Trust Account designation, when account was established, and account number

  • Copy of a blank void check which has the name and address of financial institution, name of your travel agency, account number, and identifies account as a client trust account


Step #3: Pay application fees

Make checks payable to “Commerce and Consumer Affairs”.

Fees are as follows:

  • If applying for registration in an even-numbered year: $215
  • If applying for a registration in an odd-numbered year: $146

Application fees are non-refundable, even if your application is denied.

If for any reason you are denied the registration you are applying for, you may be entitled to a hearing as provided by Title 16, Chapter 201, Hawaii Administrative Rules, and/or Chapter 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes. Your written request for a hearing must be directed to the agency that denied your application, and must be made within 60 days of notification that your application for a registration has been denied.


Step #4: Submit application

Mail your license application, additional paperwork, and fees to the following address:

Travel Agency Program
DCCA, PVL Licensing Branch

PS Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801


For more information, contact the licensing department at (808) 586-3000 or via email at


License Expiration and Renewal


Hawaii Seller of Travel Licenses expire on December 31st of odd-numbered years (2017, 2019, etc).

Renewal applications are mailed to current license holders approximately 6 weeks prior to the expiration date.

You can renew your license online at You can find answers to common renewal questions by visiting the Renewal FAQ page.


Related links:

Get Licensed: Hawaii Travel Agency Including Charter Tour Operator

4 Easy Steps To Get Your Seller of Travel License

How to get an ARC bond

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Back To Top